Monday, April 25, 2011

it's kinda crazyfrozen

having 300k frozen in online poker accounts is kinda crazy.  everyone with any money on stars, ftp, and cereus, the 3 main sites, had their money frozen recently, when the Department of Justice went after those 3 main sites, who were apparently bending banking laws.  actually probably out right breaking, but i'm not a lawyer and I don't know.

But the players like myself were not breaking any laws, but now our funds are all frozen.  2 of the 3 sites have worked out deals to attempt to return the money,  one site is allowing non usa players to withdrawl 250 dollars per week,  at that rate, i'll be 50 before i got my moniez off that site.  (moniez is the poker term for funds)

so anyway I was walking out of RPAC yesterday at 11:55 pm, and realized, wholy shit I have 300k frozen in online poker accounts  A: that's a lot of money B: i'm handling it amazingly well C: wtf that's a lot of money to have in limbo.

but all i can do is do my rehab for my leg, keep my room clean, and my kitchen full of dumpster food.

i got a 5k to run in a week, and a half marathon the week after that.

i'm doing a half ironman during summer, and trying to go somewhere in soccer within 9 months.

why did I have 300k in online sites?  cus I play high stakes poker and the swings are big, and you want to have a bankroll that can cushion you for the swings.  Furthermore, you can only cash out 8k per week for free, so I had basically been doing that, but the total $ number in my account wasn't coming down fast enough.

I was actually in the process of preparing to pay for larger withdraws, and was in contact with FTP to make special arrangements for larger than 8k withdrawls.

at least I am now 175 lbs which is the leaast I have weighed in 2 years, and I am getting good at basketball.

i bid my 300k goodbye and will not worry about it, and it will just be a bonus if i get any of it back.

i got a soccer game in an hour and a half.

No comments: