Sunday, October 26, 2008

marathon

did a half marathon today, it kicked my butt... my endurance breathing was fine, but i didnt strethch beforehand (big mistake) and i am not flexible enough in general.. my hamstrings tighened up severely, and my knee started hurting at about kilometer 13.. (i was keeping a 5 minute per kilometer pace until kilo 13) at this point i driopped off to about 6 minutes per kilo. Then the last 3 kilo I had to walk cus my knee was in so much pain from running. None the less, I finished, in 2 hours and 6 minutes or something. (I decided to run the race after regrestration was full, so I wasn't officialy registered, I just ran anyway, without the number bib) Only once did an old man notice I had no official number bib and tried to talk to me about it but I just kept running.

It was fun, and I will get in better shape so I can do better next time.

Also I got runners nipple, which hurts!!

3 comments:

Roland said...

Haha I would get runner's nipples all the time back in cross country, it sucks, and its random when it happens! I hope your knee gets better :(
I bent my knee about 3 months ago playing frisbee pretty bad and ever since then I've noticed it hurts with two much stress, wtf?!

Anonymous said...

876! I got the url to your blog from Shiya on QQ last week, but all the time I actually got your email stored in my cell phone's memory, there is however no excuse for me not keeping in touch with you earlier, I hope you can forgive me in spite of this.

You've gone from bicycle riding to jogging, seems as your as full of energy as when I met you!

columbuspatrick said...

jonas, you are always pre-forgiven for anything you do.
friends 4 life.