Friday, March 14, 2008

chiang mai

I took an overnight train for 25 dollars for 13 hours to chiang mai in the north.
It was realy fun train ride, you get your own bunk bed.
I brought along peanuts and water and bananas and ate them.
ALso the view out the train window was cool.

I enjoyed this night train so much, I might take the mammoth 43 hour journey from Hanoi Vietnam, to Beijing China, by train. although i hear it costs like 120 dollars, which seems like a lot *shrug*. I mean couldn't you fly that far for almost that much?

Anyway, lots of vegeterian/vegan food in Chiang mai, and it's really warm, and less polution than bangkok.

Although there are lots of "treks" into the wilderness and see hill tribe people etc.. but it all seems like mostly b.s. *shrug* i dont know

I really want to go to vientianne laos, suposedly the most laid back capital city in the world.

1 comment:

dang.henry said...

Hey Patrick,

Glad to see you are having a lot of fun. Keeep in touch.

Henry